Become a Pro Member and get Happy Lettering Practice Sheets for free every month, and other great benefits like access to the Letter Library.or
Become a Pro Member and get Happy Lettering Practice Sheets for free every month, and other great benefits like full access to the Letter Library.
Including the following words:
If you wish to learn more about the Happy Lettering Challenge, visit:HappyLettering.com
Practice Sheets for Happy Lettering Challenge.
Practice each individual word.
- All words of the month
- Trace-practice and freehand practice each individual letter
- Format: Letter (America) and A4 (Europe) in separate PDF files
This product is made for small brush pens. I recommend small brush pens for any brush letter beginner, it is easier to get used to the brush tip than the bigger brush pens.
- Kuretake Fudegokochi Brush Pen: Smooth and a little more moist tip than most other small brush pens.
- Pentel Fude Touch Sign Pen: This one you can choose to either get only one, or get the whole set of 12 colors! The Pentel Sign Pens can be mixed with each other or other watercolors for beautiful gradient effects.
- Tombow Fudenosuke Brush Pen: Set of hard and soft fude brushes, as well as a very useful black and grey twin brush.
- Pilot Fude Brush Pen Kofude: This one can make a little more stroke-contrast compared to the other small brush-tips.
I have personally tried all the mentioned pens, and they are all working wonderfully. There is also much more brush pens out there that work just as well.
Tips when Printing at Home
When printing yourself, there is some things to keep in mind.
If you want to print and then letter on the same page, please make sure to check what type of paper you use. Some pens are very sensitive, and might get ruined when using the wrong paper. Generally speaking you should be looking for smooth paper.
Below is my general go to list of paper.
Please note that what paper to choose is depending on which pen you use.
- Hammermill 20 lb Copy Paper: Regular Copy Paper that works great for sketches, drills and tracing practice sheets with small brush pens. This is the paper I probably use the most. (I would not use this paper with brush pens that have sensitive tips, like Tombow's Dual Brush Pens.
- HP Laserjet 32 lb Premium: Higher quality, smoother and thicker paper, not too good for tracing.
The paper choices below are even better for some pens, but you can not print on them: